All i want is vegetables and roasted chicken for dinner. The simple things in life bring such comfort.
April 19, 2016
April 16, 2016
I love getting inspired by food magazines and although i never a follow a recipe to the T, i always get a kick out of it trying.
In this months Libelle Lekker i loved their article on white asparagus and so i tried the carpaccio of grilled asparagus and cauliflower. It's very fresh and perfect for lunch.
Here is my version of their recipe:
need for 1: 4 green asparagus, cauliflower, lemon juice, olive oil
1. clean and slice lengthwise the asparagus cook in a heated grill pan till lightly charred.
2. slice thinly the cauliflower and grill on the pan on both sides.
3. in a jam jar add olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper - shake and your dressing is ready.
at 8:05 AM
April 14, 2016
I love quiche but the pie crust can make it very rich so i was thrilled to see the vegetable pie article in this months Elle a Table. Of course i changed the recipe to what i like, they used goat cheese and that is not my cup of tea so i swapped it for mozzarella.
It's a great alternative for quiche and served with a little young spinach leave salad it screams spring is here!
I love using fresh herbs and grown a good selection in my garden but i loved the way the sales boy wrapped my herbs up as a bouquet.
need: 1 broccoli, 1 bustle of chives, 3 eggs, 70gr Maizena, 1 mozzarella du buffalo, 20gr pine nuts, nutmeg
1. steam the cut broccoli for 15 minutes. Chop the chives and cut the mozzarella in small junks.
2. in a bowl beat the eggs with the mozzarella, nutmeg, maizena and chives. Crush the steamed broccoli and add mix. In a pan toast the pine nuts.
3. season the mixture with salt and pepper and add to a cake thin lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven at 180C degrees for 25 minutes. Serve lukewarm or cold with a little salad of young spinach leaves.
at 4:51 AM